Mrs Harry's Class 2020 - 2021
Welcome to our class page.
Welcome back to school again and well done for all of your hard work with the home learning.
For the rest of this term we will be using Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram as our inspiration for writing. Space is still our topic and we will be creating some lovely soace art work and building some space creations.
As always, if you have any questions relating to any aspect of school life please do not hesitate to contact me. Please feel free talk to me at the end of the school day.
Thank you, Mrs Harry.
Week beginning 8th March:
- character description using adjectives
- use of questions to investigate
- recap numberts upto 40
- place value using 10s and 1s
- counting in 2s and 5s
- plants and what they need to survive
- planting a bean seed and starting a bean diary
- recap the 7 continents
- the continent of Australia
- what is Good Friday?
- creating space art
- net and wall - defending space and learnign to start from the ready position
- invasion - dribbling a ball towards a goal and understanding what 'in possession' means
- Spellings - Spelling Shed
- Maths - ordering and sequencing numbers.
- Explore TTRS website - click the picture for a direct link (login details in the front of reading diary)
- Reading - please read with your child as much as possible. The children are given several opportunites during the week to change their library books. Please sign their reading diary to say that you have read together, even if you have read to them.
As always can we please remind parents that if you wish to provide a break time snack for your child it should be something healthy such as fruit. If you would prefer your child to have toast then this can be ordered for the whole term either online or via the office. There is always fruit available if your child forgets their snack. The children can bring in their own water bottle daily which must only have water (not juice) in.
PE will be on a Wednesday and Friday afternoon during this part of the term. Please ensure that during this term the children come to school in their PE kit on these days. I would suggest they wear their winter PE kit of tracksuit bottoms and black sweatshirt with their yellow PE t-shirt underneath as these sessions will be outside as much as possible.
Kit: Pumps or Trainers, black track suit bottoms or shorts (weather dependent), yellow school PE t-shirt and black jumper.
Reading and Phonics:
Phonics is taught everyday in small groups.
The children are assessed regularly to ensure they are in the correct phonics grouping and that their reading level is in line with their phonics development. It would be lovely for you to spend time reading to your child and having discussions about the book you have read.
Please read with your child daily as this will have an impact on all areas of their learning. Please feel free to record their reading in their planner. You may wish to write a comment but please do not feel that you have to.
If you wish to send me a message then please feel free to write it in your child's planner but please ask him/her to pass it to me as I do not always check their planners every day.
Your child will have a homework folder each week and online activites to complete.
Some dates for your diary.
Files to Download
Mrs Harry's Class: News items
There are no News items to display
Mrs Harry's Class: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Mrs Harry's Class: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display