Junior Safeguarding Team
Alsager Highfields' Junior Safeguarding Team
Who are we?
We are a group of children from Key Stage 2 (Year 3 to 6) who work together to help our school to be safe for all of us, children, teachers and visitors. We are supported by Mrs Henshall (Assistant Headteacher/Designated Safeguarding Lead).
What do we do?
We meet regularly to discuss safeguarding in our school. We have talked about how our school keeps us safe and how we can all help to make it even safer!
What did we do last year?
- We took part in a Safeguarding Conference at Pikemere Primary school where the Year 6 safeguard teams all worked together to develop our understanding of what safeguarding means.
- We created our Safeguarding Team wall with photos so that everyone knows who we are and information to help keep everyone informed of our progress
- We helped to make sure that our front gate was kept closed in school hours. We used posters to encourage and remind everyone to close our doors and gates properly, especially when visitors come and they do not always know to ensure the gate is locked.
- We organised an assembly on 'keeping ourselves safe' that we delivered together to share what we learned at the Alsager Safeguarding conference that Year 5 and 6 Safeguarding Champions attended.
- We also invited our PCSO to come in and talk to us as a whole school, he had lunch with us and we gave him a tour of our school.
- Finally we interviewed our Safegaurding Governor, Mr Spall. He told us about his role and responsibilities and we shared our ideas with him to develop our school safely.
If you have any ideas/suggestions for our Junior Safeguarding Team or you know someone might be able to help us to develop our ideas further then please email Mrs Henshall on email@example.com